Donor: UNICEF, ECW (Education cannot wait).
Relevant Sector: Ministry of Education.
Implementer: TLO (The liaison office).
Duration of project: Start 28 April 2022 end Date 31 January 2023.
Goal of the project: Provide basic & quality education for children affected by crises in areas where education is not provided. (Especially girls).
Main outcomes of the project:
· Outcome 1: Access to education for emergency-affected girls and boys is increased
· Outcome 2: Improved gender equity, equality and inclusivity in education access and attainment
· Outcome 3: Continuity of education for emergency affected girls and boys is increased
· Outcome 4: Quality of learning for crisis-affected girls and boys especially further affected by covid19 is improved
· Outcome 5: Safe, protective and enabling learning environment for crisis-affected girls and boys, especially the most marginalized, are established
· Kushk E Robat Sangi
· Herat City
# Of Hub Schools: 74 (Central Governmental) hub schools are registered with the project and have cooperation with us.
# Of Classes: (361)
ALP (Accelerated learning program):
· Male: 4
· Female: 48
· Mix: 9
# Of CBS classes:
CBS (Community Based Education):
· Male: 36
· Female: 41
· Mix: 223
# Of SMS: 77 SMSs (School Management) shuras are Established by TLO and Supporting the project.
· Boys: 2991
· Girls: 4980
· Total: 7971
· Direct: 8372
· Indirect: 67097
· Total: 75469
Continuing activities of project:
· Distribution of various kinds of kits for classes, teachers and students.
· Continually Supervision and monitoring of the classes and students in terms of quality and quantity.
· Provide the necessary facilities to help students with disabilities.
· Preparing students’ documentations according to ministry of education rules and regulations.
· Provide safe learning space for Children specially girls.
· Work on capacity and cooperating with hub Schools to prepare them for Handing over process.
· Repairing of the classes which have been provided in order to use as learning spaces.
· Provide water stations for hand washing of students.
· Provide tents for the hub schools that do not have enough learning spaces.
· Distribution of Hygiene kits like, Soap, Sanitizer, Mask… for students.
· Conducting standard trainings in order to increase teachers’ capacity.
· Developmental monitoring of teachers is being done by technical colleagues of the project.
· Conducting TLCs (Teacher learning circles) in order to increase teachers Knowledge, skills and behavior.
· Development of educational programs for the administrative council of schools in order to provide comprehensive support to classes and students, especially girls.
· Conduction regular meetings with SMS, Hub Schools and Parents in order to solve the problems.
· Conducting meetings in order to aware the mentioned people to avoid from student’s dropout.
· Conducting various kinds of trainings and meetings in order to aware them to follow the safeguarding policy.
· Conducting of regular exchange visits for SMSs in order to find there weaknesses and solve them.
Monitoring and Evaluation by stockholders:
· PED (Provincial education department) & Related DED (District education department); all activities are being monitored by PED in city and DEDs in districts regularly.
· UNICEF: All project activities are regularly monitored by UNICEF.
· CRS: Some activities are monitored by CRS too.
· According to TORs of SMS classes are regularly monitored by hub schools, SMS members and students’ parents.